top of page


All Cornerstone/Hernandez Home AFC, Inc. homes are located in quiet, rural communities throughout Michigan. Our

homes provide solace in small communities that are welcoming to the persons served. Cornerstone is close enough to

cities to enjoy mainstream advantages. The homes are licensed in the state of Michigan as specialized residential

facilities for a capacity of four to ten individuals. Individuals in our care are receiving specialized residential services

based on a person-centered plan and are male and female (18 and up) with intellectual disabilities, mental illness and

traumatic brain injury and/or physically handicapped. The services received include personal care and/or community

living supports and are based on individual needs/goals determined in a person-centered plan. Staff are available 24

hours a day/7 day a week to provide services. All facilities are nonsmoking, three nutritious meals are provided and

served every day; the homes also cater to special diets. All laundry and housekeeping services are provided by staff

unless specified in a person-centered plan. Beautician and barber services are available within the community. Private as

well as semi-private rooms can be available depending on location. Each location reviews and administers services

specific to the needs of the individuals. We will provide assistance with ADL’s, facilitate mainstream community activities

and help the persons served fulfill their potential. Our organization allows for free choice and will accommodate choices

in living arrangements, food, décor, recreational actives and more! We typically contract our services to Community

Mental Health organizations within the state of Michigan seeking residential placement for mutual consumers, we do

also work with individuals seeking services outside of the Mental Health System. For questions regarding our fee

structure, please contact our Admissions Department at (269)628-2100. We are happy to assess individuals on a first

come-first serve basis. For more information on how to receive residential services, contact your local Community

Mental Health Organization.

bottom of page